FUEL UP TO PLAY 60 NATIONAL PROGRAM OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Fuel Up to Play 60 Program (the "Program") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are enrolled in Grades K through 12 (minimum age of 6, maximum age of 17) as of 9/1/12. The children of employees of Dairy Management Inc. (“DMI”), the NFL Entities (as defined below), any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, member teams, advertising and promotion agencies and agents are NOT eligible to enter the Program. Students do not need to be enrolled in a specific or participating school to be eligible.
3. TIMING: Program starts on 5/30/2012 at 9:00 am CST and ends on 7/18/2013 at 11:59 pm CST. Each Challenge has its own Entry Period set forth below.
4. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Students can earn badges and access to exclusive online content and (if applicable) their school by participating in Fuel Up to Play 60 Challenges throughout the year. Students can get started by registering at www.FuelUpToPlay60.com (the “Site”). If their school is not participating in the program, they should encourage a principal or administrator to enroll the school in the program at http://enroll.fueluptoplay60.com.
To be eligible for badges and online rewards in Challenges students must: 1) Register on FuelUpToPlay60.com; 2) Stay up-to-date with the Tracker Complete challenges; 3) Engage in activities described on the website and recording it in the Tracker Complete challenges; 4) Complete challenges; 5) Refer friends; and 6) Complete "surprise" challenges, tasks and activities that will be disclosed from time-to-time on www.FuelUpToPlay60.com. If students cannot get to a computer every day to participate, they can print off the paper tracker in the Track section, fill it out with their food consumed and activity each day and then enter their data in the online Tracker once they have access to a computer. Students should be sure to track weekly because activity and food can only be recorded back seven (7) days. Do not to engage in any fraudulent or inappropriate conduct in obtaining badges. For friend referrals, each email address can only be referred once by each user. Referring emails must be sent to friends only. Complaints of excessive or spam emails or other misuse may result in disqualification.
By entering a challenge, you represent that you have the permission from each person contributing to or appearing in the entry to include their voice, image, appearance or performance in the entry and each person has granted Sponsor the rights to use their information and the entry as further described in Section 9(b).
If you do not have internet access but would like to learn about staying healthy through proper eating habits and exercise, please call (800) 752-4337.
5. 2012 – 2013 CHALLENGES AND REWARDS
6. FUEL UP TO PLAY 60 CHALLENGES:
Touchdown Dance (Summer 2012) Challenge
Entry Period: 5/30/12 – 7/18/12
This Challenge offers a unique opportunity for students to create their own version the ‘touchdown dances’ that NFL players have made popular. Students can create a whole dance or simply a signature touchdown pose. Their submission should be an expression of the pride, fun and accomplishment they feel as another year of school comes to a close. To complete this Challenge, the student(s) will need to submit a picture(s) of their ‘touchdown pose’, slideshow, drawing or a video of them doing their touchdown dance. The entry selected as the national winner will receive a visit from an active/alumni NFL player. Note the player will visit the school that the winner(s) attends. (Approximate retail value – $13,000 USD)
Super Bowl Breakfast Challenge
Entry Period: 10/01/12 – 12/03/12
For this Challenge, students are asked to submit their best idea for an oatmeal-focused breakfast to fuel up their school. To be eligible for this Challenge, students will need to download either the PowerPoint or Word template provided on the FuelUpToPlay60.com Challenge page and tell us about their ideal oatmeal breakfast and how they would like to share it with their classmates at school. Two (2) entries will be selected as the national winners and receive an all-expense-paid-trip for two (2) (four (4) tickets total) to Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans, Louisiana. Game day tickets, pre-game party access, express entrance into the game, preferred on location parking at the stadium, airfare, ground transportation, meals and a three-night hotel stay are included. The schools attended by these two (2) winners will also receive a $1,000 USD grant to put towards implementing their proposed breakfast idea in their school. Winning entries will be selected by Sponsor (DMI), not by online voting as done in previous Challenges. Please see Section 8 (Judging) for more information about how the top entries will be selected. (Approximate retail value - $20,000 USD)
Activity Scavenger Hunt Challenge
Entry Period: 03/04/13-05/03/13
For this Challenge, students are asked to submit a compilation of photos from a proscribed list of activities outlined in the Challenge Guidelines. Their submissions should be an expression of how they like to get active with their friends, classmates, educators and family. To be eligible for this Challenge, students will need to download the PowerPoint template provided on the FuelUpToPlay60.com Challenge page and upload their photos in the template. The entry selected as the national winner will receive a visit from an active/alumni NFL player. Note the player will visit the school that the winner(s) attends. (Approximate retail value – $13,000 USD
In addition to earning badges and digital rewards, prizes may be awarded by your local dairy council. Please visit your Local Dairy Council’s website to find out about local promotions.
7. PRIZES, RESTRICTIONS: Limit one prize per school. Prizes are awarded to the school designated by the entrant. Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded, except Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. If an NFL player appearance is awarded, and the NFL player cannot fulfill the prize for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponements, an event of force majeure or for any other reason, then Sponsor may substitute an NFL merchandise package. Taxes, if any, are the responsibility of the winner.
8. JUDGING: Entries must be received during the appropriate Challenge entry period to be eligible for the national prize. All eligible entries received will be judged by a panel of judges (the "Judges") drawn from employees of the Sponsor (DMI). Entries will be judged equally according to the following criteria: creativity, originality, Fuel Up to Play 60 messaging, and relevance to the Challenge. Any entry which includes inappropriate content will be disqualified. All entries, including music, lyrics, film and/or dialogue must be original. All entries must comply with copyright laws and cannot include any references to drinking alcohol, or to illegal activities, or to activities inappropriate for a family audience, or to activities otherwise inconsistent with the goals of Fuel Up to Play 60 as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Judges’ decisions are final and may not be appealed. Potential winners will be contacted through an email to the parent’s and winner’s email addresses provided at registration. If a parent cannot be contacted or does not return fully completed documentation within the time specified, another winner will be chosen. Parents of potential winners will be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit, Waiver, Release and Indemnity Agreement including where lawful, a Publicity Release (plus at the discretion of the Sponsor, any additional documents) and a W-9 form (where applicable). Winners will be required to sign Affidavits of Eligibility confirming that they have committed no fraud in connection with the Contest and Publicity (where applicable) and Liability Releases. Failure to comply with the requirements of this paragraph (and/or the return of a prize or parent notification and/or prize as non-deliverable) may result in disqualification and in the forfeiture of any right to a prize in which case, the prize may be awarded to the eligible entrant ranked next in line for the relevant prize award. All entries must be original. All entries shall be owned by DMI and may be used by DMI (including local dairy councils) and the NFL in all media in connection with the Fuel Up to Play 60 Program.
9. VOTING: In addition to in-school prizes, one Challenge submission from each Challenge will be selected as a national winner. The Sponsor will review all entries based on the criteria set forth above, and select three to five submissions as national finalists. These finalists will be featured as the finalist in the Challenge Gallery. Voters will be able to cast one, vote once a day, for one week (five days) after the finalist submissions are posted on the Challenge. Voting will close at 11:59pm CST on the fifth and final day of voting. The submission receiving the most number of valid votes from the public at the close of the ‘voting period’ will be deemed the winner. Finalists who are found, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, to have engaged in or encouraged voting fraud will be disqualified. NOTE: Voting will not apply to the Super Bowl Breakfast Challenge. Winners for this Challenge will be selected by the Sponsor (DMI).
9. RELEASE: As a result of the submission of participating in the Challenges, and/or as a result of agreeing to the acceptance of an online downloadable reward, all entrants agree:
a) To defend, release and hold harmless the Sponsor, the NFL Entities (as defined below), local dairy councils, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the foregoing companies’ officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively "Releasees") from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind (including any for the violation or infringement of any proprietary or personal right of any individual or entity) resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Challenges, and/or the use, acceptance, or possession of a Challenge reward, and/or participation in, or attendance at a Challenge activity;
b) To consent to and give the Sponsor the right in perpetuity (subject to a parent’s objection) to use demographic data collected, a parent’s and/or entrant’s city of residence, picture, portrait, likeness, voice, video, statements, quotes, prize information, submitted entry (on behalf of everyone appearing or participating in the entry) and submitted essay (in whole or in part, as may be adapted, edited, cropped or modified, as solely determined by Sponsor) for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the World Wide Web, without review, notification or approval, all without additional consideration, unless prohibited by law;
c) To release the Releasees from any liability in connection with entries that are ineligible as a result of being lost, late, illegible, damaged, incomplete, stolen, postage due, or misdirected;
d) To release the Releasees from any liability in connection with any typographical or other human or technical errors in the offer or administration of Challenges, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these official rules, the selection and announcement of a winner(s), or the distribution/awarding of a prize(s). All entries and Fuel Up to Play 60 content are the property of DMI and will not be returned. The National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest or any prize awarded. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this Contest in any way.
10. CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting them. In the event that the Fuel Up to Play 60 website is infected by a computer virus/worm, or is not capable of running or being executed as planned (as a result of but not limited to an error, omission, defect, delay, misdirection, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants, or technical failure) or any other cause which in the sole opinion of Sponsor corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the website, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend any aspect of the Program. Submitted Program information and entries shall be deemed to be works-made-for-hire owned by Sponsor under the copyright laws of the United States, and submission of an entry by an entrant shall constitute and be deemed to be the corresponding parent’s irrevocable consent (on behalf of themselves and the entrant) to transfer and assign all rights, title and interest in a submitted entry and submitted essay to Sponsor, including but not limited to the copyright, and renewal rights worldwide, and to execute all documents and take all actions deemed reasonably necessary by Sponsor to effect, record and perfect any requested assignment. Submitted entries will not be acknowledged or returned. PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY FRAUD OR TAMPERING IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM IS ILLEGAL AND MAY BE REPORTED TO PARTICIPATING SCHOOLS OR LAW ENFORCEMENT.
11. LAWS: Subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
12. PRIVACY: Sponsor is committed to protecting the privacy of children. This program is being operated in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), and no personal information regarding entrants is maintained except in compliance with COPPA.
13. Sponsor: Dairy Management Inc., 10255 West Higgins Rd Suite 900, Rosemont, IL 60018
NFL Enterprises, LLC, 280 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10017
© 2013 National Dairy Council®. Fuel Up is a service mark of National Dairy Council.